Friday, October 21, 2011

Work of Art

I'm wondering if any other artists are watching the Bravo TV show "Work of Art" ? This is the second season for the show and while I really enjoy seeing the process of creating art I'm usually baffled by the finished projects and how they qualify as 'art'. I suppose I just dont think outside the box enough. I do enjoy hearing the judges  [Bill Powers, a New York Gallery owner and literary art contributor,  Jerry Saltz, senior art critic for New York Magazine and world-renowned art auctioneer Simon de Pury ]  comments and I wish we could hear more of their thought process.
Have you watched the show?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, haven't seen the show though you are the second blogger who has mentioned it, I think. I too often wonder how some things qualify as art and how they can command such high prices!!