Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Its coming...

This morning I think I need to start the space heater under the desk. Its damp and chilly and I see it as a clear warning of whats to come. The other day I was in a discussion about  ice-skating and I remembered my Dad taking us skating on the Bronx River. I remember the ice was bumpy and you could see all the leaves and twigs frozen under the surface and there was an arched bridge in the distance. And unlike the rink in Yonkers there were no walls to hang onto.
This aceo can be found here

Photobucket

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Kathleen, I just love this. It amazes me to know you ice skated on a river...was it deep? Ours here don't always freeze over because of the currents and many are not all that deep. Still...I have visions of falling through the ice if my weak ankles didn't kill me first! LOL This piece reminds me of Hans Brinker and his silver skates! Just a gorgeous winter scene!

Kathleen Harrington said...

No, I don't think the Bronx River was very deep although 200 years earlier they said George Washington sailed up it .... I think there are some dams in places and I believe that area is a protected wetlands now.