Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn Scenes

For all you Facebook junkies (like me) look for this painting in the
"The First Annual Autumn Arts Painting Challenge and Competition on Facebook"... And once I get rolling with hay bales, look out, there's no stopping me.I painted this one from a photo ref of a bale I saw last fall outside Wooster Ohio. Michael was very patient and found a fairly safe place to pull over while I ran about the roadside snapping pictures of the huge bales of hay in the field. Both of these ACEOs are on eBay now. Click here


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It never occurred to me what a gorgeous subject for a painting a hay bale would make! (Sorry for that awkward wording.) Kathleen, I really like both paintings, but the second one just sings...I can smell the hay, feel the crispness in the air...sigh...

Kathleen Harrington said...

Thank you! They are great fun to paint. Try one!