Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mellow Yellow

I've been playing with my yellows with early morning light in mind. I could have darkened the foreground to add more contrast but wanted an overall light value piece.
...same with the flowers, light, airy, summery. I find yellow one of the most difficult colors to 'get right'.
I'm always thrilled to see the paintings of David Simons and what he does with color. If you have a moment visit him here - you'll be amazed at the quality and variety of his work.

2 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

I'm thinking yellow too....I photographed some sunflowers earlier today. It's a great autumn color!

Autumn Leaves said...

Kathleen, I think both of these paintings are beautiful. I'm more drawn to the first one because I love rural scenes, but I'd say you definitely got the yellows right in these pieces! They are gorgeous!