Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eggshell Land


This is exactly the kind of story I LOVE! Its about orginal folk art, unique and expressive.

Today's Plain Dealer is running a story about a local family who decorates their yard with thousands of colored eggs every Easter.

The Manolio family's "Eggshell Land" is now the subject of a documentary being shown at the Cleveland Film Festival. The film will be shown at the Cedar Lee at 7:00pm on Friday and Saturday.
I've found photos on Flicker and on Roadside America - check them out! Its an amazing display

4 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

How interesting! We have people who do lavish displays around here for Christmas and Halloween, but more of us really SHOULD decorate for Easter, since it is arguably a much more important holiday. If I put an egg mosaic on my lawn, it would blow away in our windy spring weather...have to put my thinking cap on!

Kathleen Harrington said...

Deb - I think they have some kind of little stand for each egg on the ground. It gets pretty windy here too... and still snows in April.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Oh, how my son would love to see their display! What a fun way to celebrate with the community.

Your ACEOs are beautiful! I really like your palette knife work.

Kathleen Harrington said...

Thank you Kim. I am in awe of people who put so much effort into their holiday decorations!
Palette knife is fun work... but details are a challange!