Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter Skies

I think one of my favorite winter landscape painters is George Sotter.
George W. Sotter (1879 – 1953) was a painter who is considered to be part of the Pennsylvanis Impressiontis. This group is from the Bucks County area of the state.George Sotter, John Fulton Folinsbeee and Walter Emerson Baum were the three most famous of the group.
.Lauded for his marine pictures and dramatic landscapes with cloud-filled skies, Sotter was particularly recognized for painting winter night scenes. He is also known for his work in stained glass.
I have painted this little ACEO inspired by his oil "Bucks County Night Scene"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathleen, this is so beautiful and makes me hope for snow very, very soon! happy holidays

Kathleen Harrington said...

Nancy - thank you.. and I wish I could send you some. I expect I'll have waaaay too much by Saturday.

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Kathleen - a painting after my own heart - beautiful!

Kathleen Harrington said...

Hi Michelle - thank you!